New commercial satellite photos continue to show that Iran is trying to cover up work started at a facility it has been using for high explosives tests related to what the United States believes is that country’s nuclear weapons program, according to a former international weapons inspector who has been closely flowing Iran’s nuclear ambitions.
“The degree of the site’s modification and the fact that this apparent cleanup work started soon after the IAEA’s (International Atomic Energy Agency) request for access cast further doubt on Iran’s claims that its nuclear program does not or has never had any military aspects,” says a report issued by the Institute for Science and International Security and written by the inspector, David Albright, and co-author Robert Avagyan.
In May, satellite photos showed items being moved at that the site, which the institute said had remained unchanged since 2004. The latest photos show a pair of buildings have been knocked down and much of the sight has been cleaned up. The institute said Iran claims the activity is routine construction work.
The site at the Parchin military complex southwest of Terhan is the focus of a dispute between the Iranian government and the IAEA. According to a report by the institute, the IAEA announced last February, it wanted to inspect that site to make sure there had been no testing of high-explosives for nuclear-related purposes.
Iran would not agree to the inspection unless there was an agreement on its entire nuclear program.
May 10, 2018 Comments Off on Trump Bets Sanctions Will Force Iran to Bargain. There’s No Plan B.
Mar 21, 2018 Comments Off on US prepares to leave Iran deal, even as talks with Europe continue
Mar 19, 2018 Comments Off on Can the EU save the Iran nuclear deal?
Feb 27, 2018 Comments Off on Europeans Dig In Against New Iran Sanctions Risking Nuclear Deal
Jun 12, 2018 Comments Off on Iran Makes Stunning Admission — Reveals Just How It Helped 9/11 HijackersIran Makes Stunning Admission — Reveals Just How It Helped 9/11 Hijackers A senior Iranian official reportedly went on state television and explained that the government surveilled the September 11 hijackers...
Jun 04, 2018 Comments Off on Top Iranian general denies reports of military pullout from southern SyriaTop Iranian general denies reports of military pullout from southern Syria A senior Iranian general on Sunday denied speculation that his military and Tehran-backed militias were withdrawing from Syria amid a...
Jul 14, 2016 Comments Off on Corps’ one hundred thousand of triggered missiles in Lebanon:An official Israel-threatening by CorpsIran Briefing: Since August 7, 1979, when Ayatollah Khomeini declared the last Friday of Ramadhan as “Quds Day”, the Islamic Republic has always tried to hold an imposing ceremony by using state resources as well as requiring people’s involvement. This year’s Quds march had fundamental...