Monday, November 29, 2021

9/11 Commission Head: More Evidence of Iran Involvement in Terror Attacks

The chairman of the 9/11 Commission said while reviewing the 9/11 Commission Report he found more information of possible involvement by Iran, rather than Saudi Arabia.

The Embassy of Saudi Arabia in the U.S. announced on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, that Riyadh welcomes the release of confidential documents related to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

The embassy issued a statement saying that “There is no evidence that the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or any of its officials had any prior knowledge of the terrorist attacks or that they were involved in any planning or execution.”

Interestingly in 2018, the top adviser to Iran’s Supreme leader, Mohammad Javad Larijani, in an exclusive interview revealed the details of the country’s relationship with al-Qaeda and the movement of its members, especially the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks and the presence of al-Qaeda members in Iran.

On 12 January 2021 Former U.S. secretary of state Mike Pompeo had previously accused the Iranian government of aiding al-Qaeda and being involved in the September 2001 terrorist attacks.

According to him, Iran allowed al-Qaeda forces to communicate freely with the outside world and to move freely on Iranian soil. He also called Iran “al-Qaeda’s new Afghanistan.”

Referring to the killing of Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah, al-Qaeda’s second-in-command killed in Iran’s capital city Tehran last year, Pompeo said Iran had become a safe haven for al-Qaeda.

Source: Al Arabiya
Also read: Iranian IRGC establishes new drone attack training base for its Iraqi militia

Latest news
Related news