Iran will face the US on the battlefield and the Iranian military personnel is fully prepared to respond to military pressure from the United States, Major General Hossein Salami, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), said on Friday, learned BulgarianMilitary.com citing Interfax.
“Today, we have no problems, worries, or fears of clashing with any force. We will give our last word on our enemies on the battlefield,” the Associated Press [AP] quoted him as saying.
Salami spoke at the University of Tehran at a memorial service for General Kasem Soleimani, who was killed in the U.S. operation in Baghdad a year ago.
The head of the Iranian judiciary, Ibrahim Raisi, said at the same event that everyone involved in Suleimani’s assassination “cannot escape law and justice.”
The Iranian Foreign Ministry also issued a statement saying that Tehran will not rest until Soleimani’s murder is brought to justice.
“By committing a cowardly act of terror against General Soleimani, the United States has violated international law and the UN Charter, grossly violating Iraqi sovereignty.
U.S. lawlessness entirely. Iran will not rest until it brings the perpetrators to justice,” the ministry said on Twitter.
On January 3, 2020, it became known in Baghdad the death of Iranian commander Kasem Soleimani and deputy commander of the Shiite militia in Iraq Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis U.S. special operation conducted by the U.S. military on the instructions of U.S. President Donald Trump.
In response to the operation, on the night of January 8, the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps fired ballistic missiles at the Ain al-Assad airbase and a military facility in Iraq’s Erbil area U.S. troops are stationed.
In early December, Politico, citing an unnamed U.S. defense official, said the U.S. military in the Middle East had been put on high alert, particularly in connection with the upcoming anniversary of Soleimani’s assassination.